Thursday 20 March 2014

RAIN: Part 4: JAIME

The shrill ring of my alarm invaded my illusory dreams, threatening to wake me up to a new day. As soon as I pushed aside my wolf-skin comforter, I could feel the cold breeze that crept in through the windows upon my skin and hear the heavy downpour outside. Drowsiness clouded all my senses except one. Smell. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and hot pancakes wafted into my bedroom was extremely inviting. I mustered up all my strength to push myself out of bed and used my index finger to press off the irritating alarm clock. Since the chill was creeping up my spine, I rubbed my palms together before bringing them up to warm my face."Haooh...hmm..em", I gave out a howl of a yawn. My breakfast is gonna get cold I realized with a hint of regret. Quickly, I dropped to do 30 push-ups. An effective way to not only kick out the lingering drowsiness but also a great way to tone my biceps. Perspiration dripped from my forehead as I marched to the bathroom to brush my teeth. The white tiles of the bathroom was exceedingly warmer than the mahogany floor boards from my bedroom. Probably due to the fact that my girlfriend just had a bath. I stared at my ragged refection on the mirror as I turned open the faucet to rinse my tooth brush before topping it with paste. "Should I shave? Nah..I'll eat first!". Right after I brushed my teeth, I raced to the kitchen to devour my home-cooked breakfast while it still had a minuscule of warmth. Old habits die hard. I always had a sip of lemon-ed beer after I brushed. As I reached for the refrigerators' handle I noticed there was a handwritten note. It was from my girlfriend. Looking at the way she penned down the short message, she must have been in a hurry I concluded. It's content were concerning to an extend. 
       "Sis in trouble. Goin to the station. Lots of love, bye"
"Hmmm..", I  gave out a heavy sigh and grabbed the beer bottle, taking a sip. Instead of stashing it away, I decided to have more to wash away the disappointment of having breakfast alone. I served myself a mug of half-filled coffee, five blueberry pancakes and a banana. I spiked the black coffee with some beer while chewing down the banana. As I lifted the mug and brought it to my lips, the scent of the beer and coffee mixture tingled my olfactory nerves. I allowed myself a taste and winced as the beverage made its way down my throat. I could feel the warmth immediately spreading across my chest followed by a mild burning sensation. Something was missing. What? I realized what I needed for this cold weather after a moments contemplation. I got up abandoning my meal, grabbed my car keys and headed out. I need to see her. I need to see Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment