Monday 17 March 2014

RAIN: Part 3:MAXIMUS

"So let me get this straight. You were having a midnight stroll during such a 'splendid' weather and happen to have lost control at the corners. Hence, the accident?", I confirmed with the girl who seemed to have a boyish build. Personally, I think her body served as some sort of cushion to minimize the damage from the fall. If it wasn't for those well toned muscles she would have suffered more than a broken humerus. "Yea...pretty much I guess", she replied in a lazy tone seasoned with fatigue. I gave out a heavy sigh before taking in a deep breath and exploding,"What the hell were you thinking?! You trying to kill yourself woman? I know its been hard on you since your parents died and all, but what's the point in acting reckless like this?". "I know what I'm doing!! Its not like I'm dead or dying. What are you raving about?", she lashed back. But I knew what she meant. "You're not my father. Buzz off". The truth is Jay was my ex-fiance's younger sister. After their parents were brutally murdered by a gang of robbers, I never contacted them unless it was an enquiry about the case. No visits. No words of consolation. I didn't even attend the funeral nor did I make an effort to visit their graves. That's because I promised myself to face them only after I've apprehended those robbers and not before. Both sisters knew naught about it. I left it that way. I took another measuring look at Jay and realized with a modicum of woe how much she looked like her sister. Same golden eyes flecked with green. Long eye lashes. Hazel brown hair. Luscious pink lips. Slender neck...she's just a girl."You were obviously speeding", I said as a matter of fact."Unless you wanna kiss your license goodbye, I suggest you refrain from such irresponsible acts", I warned her."Where's my bike?",she asked. Evidently worried about it more than the problem in hand."It's in the impound. You can claim it after all the paper work regarding it is taken care of. Till then, stay out of trouble". I shifted in my chair before going on,"Now, just sit tight and wait for your sister to come pick you up". "Yea sure..whatev..WHAT?! ARGH!!", she jumped out of her chair hysterically before collapsing back into it due to the overbearing pain. She was breathing heavily now. Beads of sweat were forming on her forehead. Probably due to the pain or fear or maybe both."Why would you..",she started again forcing each word out before I interrupted her,"She is your legal guardian. You're a minor. Just following protocol". Just as I got up from my own chair, the door to my office slammed open. Through it barged in a woman with golden eyes flecked with green. Instead of pain and fear, I sensed anger and concern in them in the form of tears."Hello Ray", I greeted her with a sly smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment